Here at UltraLiteSacks we are dedicated to producing the best product for the job. Whether you are looking for the most ultralight option or you need something that will take a tremendous amount of abuse, we have you covered! With numerous types of Dyneema®, Ultra, and Ecopak on the market it is imperative to have the best option available for the application.
We know it can be confusing when choosing which material is right for you and your application, and there is no one size fits all, this comprehensive list of materials will help guide you in choosing the best material!
Dyneema, formerly known as "Cuben Fiber" has been around for over a decade and has been proven over thousands of trail miles and countless thru-hikes. This material utilizes UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight PolyEthylene) fibers (specifically branded as Dyneema fibers) sandwiched between proprietary layers of mylar films of different thicknesses.
Options and Target Uses
- CT2E.08 - .8oz/ydsq - Products include Stuff Sacks, Pro Series Roll Top Dry Bags, Backcountry Pillows.
- CT5K.18 - 1.43oz/ydsq - Products include Roll Top Dry Bags, Compression Bags, Coolers, Bear/Food Bags.
- Best use is when the most ultralight and waterproof is key, still crazy strong and abrasion resistant for its weight. Our food bags and Dry bags have been tested and proven to last over multiple thru-hikes; with a little care this material will hold of for many miles!
Challenge Sailcloth completely turned the outdoor market on its head in 2020 when it introduced the new ULTRA™ material. The Ultra 100, 200, 400 and 800 materials utilize UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight PolyEthylene) fibers that are woven into the face portion of the material to add a ridiculous amount of abrasion resistance for the weight. These materials also include 70% RECYCLED polyester with a full recycled polyester film backing that is fully tapeable. This is the ULTIMATE PACK MATERIAL
Options and Target Uses
- Ultra 100/200 - 2.92/3.5oz/ydsq - Products include Backpacks, Ultralight Duffel, Bear/Food Bags, Fanny Packs, Zippered Ditty Bags, Zippered Pouches, Wallets.
- Best used for any lightweight backpack, most zippered products as it will hold a zipper strong and will not deteriorate like most Dyneema products will, it is also perfect for heavy duty food bags.
- Ultra 400/800 - 4.65/8.5oz/ydsq - Products include Alpine Fastpacks, Expedition Duffels, Ultra 800 Food Bags
- Best used for robust packs where abrasion will happen on a regular basis, perfect for extreme conditions when relying on your gear is crucial
- UltraTX - More information coming soon! - Great alternative to 1.43oz Dyneema, slightly heavier but more economical
- UltraGrid - More information coming soon! - Fully recycled Nylon material Great alternative to Ultra200, more economical